IT is in 1570 that Pière the old bought the forge of Sart-Eustache (situated close to
Fosses-la-Ville in Belgium), but he was buried in the chapel Saint Anne of the collegiate of Nivelles, where one can read the following epitaph:
PRIES POUR MOI QUI SUIS PASSE
JADY FUT NOMME PIERRE LE SIR
FONDU EN TERRE COMME SIR
AU MOIS DOCTOBRE TREPASSAI
AN SEPTANTE ET UNG BIEN LE SAI
MA FEMME A PASSE PLANCHE DE PON
QUI FUT MARGRITE DE PIERPON
LE MOIS DOCTOBRE LUI FUT TROP DUR
QUI MIST SON COURPS A POURRITUR
LAN SOIXANTE ET NEUF ACOPLY
RENDI MA FEME SON ESPRY
PRIEZ POUR NOUS JEUNE ET VIEULX
ET SI PRIERONS POUR VOUS A DIEU
JE FUS PIER
JE SUIS TERRE"
One can discern this man's caustic mind and, after good of generations this shape of humour subsists nowadays again, at number of "Lesire". On the other hand his son, Pierre the young, had adhered to the Calvinist religion. In this time where the southern Netherlands were under Guillaume's cut the Taciturn that, wanting to impose her religion, persecuted Catholics. The king of Spain had to react: a certain Mansfeld took Nivelles after a laborious seat, in September 1570. Pierre le Sire counted among bourgeoisies whose possessions were confiscated and, ruined; he must expatriate himself to Namur. November 20, 1570, House of accounts Lille of allows him to rebuild his facilities industrial of Sart-Eustache. It is whereas he distributed, by his factories, a tower that constitutes the oldest part of the castle of Sart-Eustache. His possessions were restored him by decree of 1585, but in January 1586, was charged of debt and pending of divorce.
His son François, captain of Infantry Company at service to Saint League, will inherit in 1595 of "Tower, house, furnace, forge, gardens and tilled lands situated to Sart to Stache, of about 7 bonniers..." IT is July 29, 1605 that he became Lord of Gougnies (neighbouring locality). He received this lordship and was ennobled by the Albert archdukes and Isabelle, in thanks of services returned. The family De Sire left the castle of Sart-Eustache for reside to Gougnies, until vicinities of 1750. One finds a progeny to "Stave", then to Melin. A epitaph in the paving parochial church Gougnies of invites to pray for the mind of "noble damsel Marie Bonne Françoise DE SIR, girl of Pière François De Sir, rider, Lord Gougnies of died 1 of July 1706". Coat of arms being above (head of boar and, to sparrow, one arm who's the hand waves a sword) don't let any doubt. By royal decree of December 24, 1962, "de Sire's" family coat of arms was conceded to the township of Gougnies.
According to notes of Jean Lesire of Glons in 1990.